Back to School
Things to think about...
1. Jazz band: Enrollment deadline is August 27. Make sure you and a parent sign and return the bottom portion.
2. Honor Band Credit: Enrollment deadline is August 27. This option is only open to those students who were members of the Symphonic Band during the 13/14 School Year. Everybody else will have the opportunity to add Honors Credit after the concert ensembles are announced.
*Make sure you read every page of the honors packet as every element of will be evaluated this year.
3. Private Lessons: Private study is always encouraged, regardless of your current musical abilities. Private study gives musicians individual and professional musical experiences, additional experiences with music, and personal goal setting.
4. Time Management: Part of your responsibilities in band include learning time management. It's your job to make sure you know the band schedule, handbook, and meeting the expectations set forth through both. Friday report times will be posted on the Google calendar at the beginning of each week. All you have to do is click on the event to find out report times and uniforms.
5. Music Checks: Music checks are a pass/fail grade. We will not let anybody fail at this activity. If you don't pass the first time, practice some more, then play for either director until you pass. Powerschool will mark music checks as a pass/fail and the comment section will list what songs need to be redone. Music checks will be factored into the musicianship portion of the grading rubric. Big Hair Half-Time Music Checks are TUESDAY!
The Southview Band Boosters are on Sign-Up Genius! It's a great way to volunteer for band sponsored events!
Shop supporting SV Band!!!
Southview High School
|Contact the Webmaster|
|Sylvania Southview Band - Southview High School - 7225 Sylvania Ave - Sylvania, OH 43560 - Office Phone: 419.824.8740|
|Copyright 2010 Sylvania Southview Band Program All Rights Reserved|